AT-802F GENERATION III FIRE Response DISPERSAL SYSTEM
The most capable lightweight firegate is now better than ever.
The extensive update to the FRDS system includes more than 270 lbs of weight reduction, all-electric operation, 25% more flow rate, integrated AFF tracking/ATU telemetry system, integrated foam injection control, and much simpler operation than previous systems.
Only the Air Tractor Gen III FRDS offers all of these advantages:
- 25% more flow rate than Gen II systems
- More than 270-lbs. of system weight reduction increases payload capacity
- Highest performance “constant-flow” gate provides the most ground line per gallon of retardant delivered
- Simple controls provide pilot-friendly “set it and forget it” drops
- All-electric motor and gearbox eliminates hydraulics, increases reliability and reduces maintenance
- Drops an 800-gallon salvo in just 1.4 seconds
- Firegate controller has built-in AFF Tracking and ATU telemetry capabilities with post-mission operations reporting via TracPlus application
- Firegate is FAA STC certified; IAB, USFS and BLM approved
- Backed by Air Tractor’s worldwide support network
In the cockpit, the FRDS Pilot Interface puts control at your fingertips.
The compact, multi-function DataVault controller has an anti-reflective, color OLED screen and back-lit silicone button overlay for clarity and visibility in all lighting conditions. When approaching the fire line, pilots can quickly dial-in the coverage level, drop amount and ground speed. Then, with a press of the control stick trigger, the FRDS computer does the rest — opening and closing the fire gate doors while compensating for G-loads, gallons in the hopper, and ground speed to deliver consistent coverage along the entire drop.
AT-802F aircraft with Gen I and Gen II fire gate systems can be upgraded with Gen III FRDS components.
The Gen III firegate can be easily retrofitted to AT-802F airplanes equipped with Gen I and Gen II firegates. Vent doors, fairings, brackets, E-dump handle, and many other items from earlier FRDS systems can be re-used. This commonality of parts is yet another example of Air Tractor’s long-standing customer support of our firegate systems.